|Public Information Officer||Bgom592@uwsp.edu|
- Planning social events
- Design and create advertisements for crew and for training courses
- Conducts fire safety presentations
- Contacts Press for Fire Crew Events
- Assisting officers with other duties
- Manages the content of the Fire Crew website
- Updates the calendar for upcoming events
- Works to streamline navigation of the website in order to make it more user-friendly
Wilderness First Responder
Brian is from Rockfall Connecticut and is a Junior at UWSP. He is studying Wildland Fire Science and Urban Forestry. He worked as an EMT in Hartford CT for five years as well as the Middlefield Volunteer Fire Department. He will be working at Rocky Mountain National Park as a Backcountry ranger for the 2013 season.
- Fireline Leadership
- Liaison for:
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- US Forest Service
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Portage County Office of Emergency Management
- UWSP Faculty and Staff
- CNR Student Organizations
- General Public
- Oversees and manages all aspects relating to crew operations
- Organizes crew members records into Incident Qualification System Database
- Provides and coordinates training for crew
- Develops and coordinates crew dispatching
- Special projects as needed
- Oversees Spring Fire Class
Joe is a FFT1 . He has been a member of the UWSP Fire Crew for 3 years and was previously the treasurer. Joe is a Forestry Managment Major and worked on a Wildland Fire Crew In Wyoming during the 2012 fire season
Jordan was born and raised near Janesville, WI. He is a Junior majoring in Forest Managment and Fire Science. Jordan has been on the crew for 3 years.
|Fire Effects Officeremail@example.com|
- Monitoring the behavior and fire effects of prescribed burns
- Assists Assistant Crew Leader with prescribed burns
- Acts as crew liaison with fire science/research organizations
Kenny was born and raised in Eagle River, Wisconsin. He is pursuing a major in Forest Management and a minor is Soil Science. He has served on the crew for 2 years and has previously participated in a winter burn trip in Northern Florida with the Park Service.
|Assistant Crew Leader (Prescribed Burns)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Matt Racicot is a Forest management major has been a member for 3 years on the crew. Has worked in urban forestry.
Oliver comes from Palos
Hills, IL and a heavily outdoors based childhood. He is a Forest Management
undergraduate at UW-Stevens Point and has been a member of the UWSP Fire Crew
since 2011. He worked as an arborist aide climbing, cutting, and managing trees
at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, IL. He’s been on fires and burns with the
Crew in Wisconsin, Florida, and Oklahoma. He is working the 2013 fire season on
the Boise National Forest in Idaho on a type II Initial Attack handcrew for the
U.S. Forest Service.
Sara is a Wildlife Ecology Major with a Captive Wildlife Minor. She has a 10 year structural backgound and Currentlly serves on the Plover Fire Department.